If you are someone who wants to protect his identity, data, and digital presence at all costs, resigning yourself to an anonymous proxy would be the right course of action. In order to get the most out of anonymous proxies, let us first discuss what they really are, how they operate, and the accompanying benefits that result as a by-product of using them in your everyday life.
What Is An Anonymous Proxy?
An anonymous proxy is a proxy server that attempts to make your activity on the Internet untraceable by masking your IP addresses and replacing them with one of their own.
How Does An Anonymous Proxy Work?
It functions as an intermediary and privacy shield between a user’s device and the great world wide web-the internet. It hides the IP address of the client’s operating device from the website he is trying to access and may provide encryption on the user side to enable him to enjoy a smooth, secure, and anonymous web experience.
Advantages of Using Anonymous Proxies
Let us take a look at some of the renowned benefits of using an anonymous proxy.
- Protect Online Existence: Since Anonymous proxies are the middleman between you and the internet, and they send requests on your behalf, your IP address and other data are secured from prying eyes. This feature solidifies your Identity protection measures since the IP can not be easily traced back to the original user’s location.
- Enjoy Anonymity: Anonymous Proxies also provide anonymity; users accessing websites through an Anonymous Proxy do not leave fingerprints, and this enables them to be a ghost on the internet and to enjoy smooth, private online activity without any hindrance.
- Reduce Identity-Theft Risk: Anonymous Proxies ensure that you get registered as an anonymous visitor in the website’s records. Instead of accessing a website directly, a request is sent from your system to the anonymous proxy server; the proxy server then sends the request to the site. The same information is returned through the server, consequently preserving your identity and minimizing the risk of your identity being compromised and misused.
- Circumvent Security Measures: Anonymous proxies give users access to whitelisted IPs with a good trust score. This facilitates them to overcome any security measures and firewalls put in place by websites, organizations, and the sort to hinder certain users from accessing their content.
- Access Prohibited/Restricted Content: Anonymous proxy servers allow users to access prohibited content, be it recreational, entertainment-based, adult, or other non-business sites, by tunneling the traffic over a regular or encrypted HTTP session. This way, users can access the data that might otherwise be restricted in their region.
- Avoid Targeted Marketing: Digital marketing agencies can use your online activity and data, such as location, browsing history, and the sites you visit, to send you more relevant ads and promotional information to promote their businesses. In other words, you are at risk of being manipulated by marketing agencies without even knowing. Using anonymous proxies safeguards your online activity, thus giving you a more choice-centric and independent web surfing experience.
- Achieve Faster Internet Speed: These proxies cache your visited site and show a copy of it when you visit it again. It not only saves your bandwidth, but you also get a faster speed and better network performance.
Disadvantages of Anonymous Proxies
These proxies, despite their diverse benefits, also have one disadvantage, and that is their pricing. Anonymous proxies are more expensive because of their inherent value. Since they have a variety of uses, are more secure, and have high success rates as compared to other proxies such as datacenter, they tend to be on the pricier spectrum.
Nonetheless, the merits of anonymous proxies outweigh their demerits. They are highly favored choice of proxies as they are customer-centric and their primary purpose is to make the whole online web experience time-efficient, secure and user-friendly with as little hassle as possible.